Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swimming!

Emme started her first swimming lessons last week. We have them every Tuesday and Thursday for two weeks. I'm going to sign her up again after these ones are over so she can become a little fish :) I was definately nervous to see how she would react to the pool. She loves her baths but a swimming pool is alot cooler than the bath tub. Luckily they heat the pool at the community center so when we first got in, she didn't even have a reaction to it!

Turns out little Emme loves the swimming lessons! She even has gotten dunked under for both lessons so far and she only cried for a second when she came up but that was because the instructor "Miss Mary" was holding her and as soon as she gave her back to me, she stopped. She actually holds her breath under water too because when she comes up, she isn't coughing or swallowing any of the water. It's amazing to me she automatically knows how to do that already. We discovered she does not like it all when Miss Mary holds her in the pool and takes her away from me, she's screams bloody murder. I'm pretty sure it's a stranger anxiety thing because when she comes back to me, everything is fine again. Emme is really turning into the little fish and she even goes on a boogie board on her tummy, too cute! Here are a few pictures, unfortunately I couldn't get any with her in the pool because I'm always in the pool with her and trying to take a picture while holding her is pretty much impossible. My goal is to ask another Mommy there to take our picture in the pool in the next few lessons so I will have one of her in the water at least.
Getting ready for our lesson...

Chilling in the sun after our swim...The last one is her cranky face because I took the camera case away from her, but her wet suit top is too cute I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment