Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Parents Visit

My parents have visited us and now are in Hawaii until Thursday evening. They will then fly back here and be here on Friday morning, stay for one day until Saturday and leave again. I can't believe how their visit has just flown by! Why is it that when you have people visit or go on vacation, you can't even remember where all the days have gone! We did some really fun things when they were here such as bringing them to a Arizona Diamondbacks game, Emme's first 'real' game as well, visiting the Chihuly exhibit as the Desert Botanical Gardens, and just enjoy some relaxing in the warm weather for the most part. Of course it is beautiful this week when they are in Hawaii but we got mostly good days when they were here anyways. It's supposed to be in the 90s on Friday when they come back so I know my mom will just love that. My dad was even brave enough to swim in the pool when they were here and at 67 degrees, he was the only one getting in that's for sure! I did however go in about two days ago, only up to my legs though, alittle chilly yet for the big jump in.

Now that they have gone, Emme and I are sick with colds, she of course started with one and I inevitably got it from her. I have no idea why, with her coughing in my face, wiping her runny nose on me, and throwing up on me, strange huh?! My poor mom also got her fair share of Emme's sickness when she was here also and I don't mean that my mom got sick. We were coming back from a beautiful and hot day at Desert Botanical Gardens, and Emme proceeded to get upset in the carseat because she wanted out. That led to her coughing and choking, so my mom removed her from her seat, which under normal circumstances I would never encourage but when your kid is choking, you gotta do what you gotta do. Poor Emme always ends up choking and puking when she has a cold because she always gets tons of gross flem and gags on it. So my mom took her out of the car seat which is when Emme proceeded to puke all over my mom, down her shirt, all down her back, all over herself and her hair, it was EVERYWHERE! My dad thought this was pretty funny since he was in the front and a safe distance from the Exercist (Emme). Poor Emme was crying and had puke all over her and just wanted me to hold her which I can't really do while driving. So I pulled over as soon as I could right by my house and took her from my mom and calmed her down. It was a sad sight but also alittle comical after the fact. After a bath for Emme when we got home, and a shower for my mom, everyone was as good as new until that night when Emme puked on me and herself again. I'm glad to say I think she is over the puking part (crossing my fingers) but she still has alittle congestion and cough, I think she will be good by the weekend I hope. Having a sick baby is sure a rough and dirty job!

No comments:

Post a Comment