Friday, April 29, 2011

Happenings

So it's been waaaaay too long since I have last posted something, I swear I have no idea where the time goes. I always have the best intentions of writing what's been going on and then I get distracted (probably by two little munchkins I am the primary caretaker of.)

Since I have missed the past 3 or 4 months, I should probably fill you in. My parents as well as aunt and uncle visited in March. After they stayed about 8 days, the girls and I flew to Wisconsin with them for 12 days while Brian stayed in AZ. He would have loved to come but since we usually take a 2 week trip in the summer to WI, he couldn't come both times. I was really nervous to fly back with the girls by myself, not because of them misbehaving, but just because I only have two hands and I was nervous about being able to get all of our car seats, bags, stroller, etc. to where we needed to be by myself. Luckily my parents were able to come with me to the gate until we boarded so that was a big help. The staff also helped me carry everything and I ended up sitting next to a nice lady on the plane that helped me off with the bags and the girls so that was a huge plus. The girls were really well behaved on the plane too and luckily we didn't need to take any bathroom breaks on the plane which I was dreaded because the picture of me trying to stuff myself and both girls into a plane bathroom, didn't sound too easy to accomplish. They actually took about a 2 hour nap on the plane on the way home and then woke up for the last hour which we just watched a movie and played/snacked so it was perfect. I must say it was a success but I probably won't do that again until they are a tad older :)


When my family visited, we took them to a spring training baseball game which was a blast as always. The girls had fun running around and were very well behaved even though their nap was pushed a few hours later in the day which actually amazed me. They loved running around on the grass and watching the game. We also took a trip to Jerome with my family and my parents took my aunt and uncle to Sedona one day by themselves so I think they enjoyed that. I'm just so grateful for this new house we have that we can accommodate all the guests, the casita is such a nice place to have for visitors! I appreciate it every day.



We also took the girls to this historic museum that is right by our house, who knew! It was very old western and had tons of old buildings and artifacts to look at. They even had a little gun show play they put on and so that was something fun to do.

Needless to say, it was a big weather shock to go from Arizona weather in March to Wisconsin weather. We needed our winter hats, coats, and boots and there was even a blizzard while we were there. It was fun for the girls to experience the snow however and they had a blast sledding and eating the snow. Well, I should say Emme did at least, Stella ended up being crabby for part of the trip because of teeth coming in but she is such a happy spirit, it didn't last long luckily. Sledding with my Grandma was a highlight for them and then we spent part of our visit at my parents house too. The girls and I also got to meet my sister's little girl Addy for the first time. They had a ball playing with their cousin.

Stella giving a hug to Addy

I must say I give all the credit in the world to single parents because 12 days as the sole parent was a long time even with help from my parents and my Grandma. I feel very lucky to have a husband who helps out tremendously with the kids, we all missed him. I don't think Brian is cut out to be a bachelor either, he was counting down the days until we came home. I think he was getting pretty sick of Chicken Ramon (which is Ramon noodles chicken flavor) :) and take out. We had a great visit but it's always great to come home at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment