Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Easter Bunny

I had an idea of how the Easter Bunny visit was going to go this year, and I didn't think it would turn out well. Santa Claus was in a word traumatizing this past Christmas to Emme when she got her picture taken with him so I figured the Easter Bunny would go down the same way. To my pleasant surprise, it actually turned out great! We brought both the girls to get their picture taken with him at the mall and no one was there when we went luckily so we had a few minutes to gradually introduce him to Emme and make her feel my comfortable. I put Stella on his lap first, and then I had Emme sit down. I could tell she was kind of weirded out by him which I really can't blame her but she didn't scream or cry, she just gave a blank stare for the most part which was fine by me as long as their wasn't a meltdown. Stella would have been smiling because she always smiles for everything but she was just sleeping before I plopped her down. I feel good we are making progress since Christmas and the funny thing is that now, Emme gets super excited whenever she sees the picture of the bunny and her on his lap, she smiles and points at it and seems really thrilled with him. Easter = success this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment