Saturday, November 28, 2009

About 5 weeks to go! Yikes!

It sure is sneaking up on us now, we only have about five weeks to go as of this coming Monday until baby number two makes her debuit. I'm trying to soak up precious sleep while I can because I figure that will definately dwindle when she gets here. I'm hoping that she will be a better sleeper than Emme was at first, I can always dream can't I? I think it is definately going to be a big adjustment to go from one to two, hopefully I will be able to handle the madness! I guess I will have to because I have no choice, right?

Good news I found out, Emme will be able to come visit me in the hospital. I had called before and the lady said she didn't think she would be able to because of h1n1 going around but my doctor said as long as it's a sibling, it should be fine. Heidi was at the hospital last night and saw a sign saying this as well so that makes me feel better. I was freaking out thinking I wasn't going to get to see Emme for three days which would be awful for me. I'm sure it would be harder on me than her but she is so attached to me lately, I think it would be very sad. I know she won't want to stay in a hospital room for long with me but at least seeing her an hour a day is better than nothing.

Well, we got the crib up in the new baby's room and got that all together so that makes me feel good that is checked off the list. We have a few various things left to do like get diapers, mattress cover, changing pad cover, and get the decor on the walls, but I feel like that is all managable in the time we have left hopefully. I will be curious to see how Emme handles this adjustment and having a new baby sister, hopefully it will be mostly painless! I'm really excited to have my parents here in five weeks, that will be a huge help to us and especially to me since I will be out of commission for alittle bit as far as lifting Emme etc. My mom really spoils her always picking her up and playing with her so I'm sure she will be just fine.

I should find out in two weeks when I have my next ultrasound how big this little girl will be so far so that will be neat to see how she is growing and compare her to what Emme was at that time also. We are on a countdown now!

No comments:

Post a Comment